Who We Are
Our Mission: To enhance the well being of children, individuals, families and communities.
Youth for Change is a non-profit, public benefit organization licensed by the State of California to provide comprehensive treatment, education and support services in our community.
Established in 1991, the Youth for Change team has continually developed community partnerships for the purpose of championing the well-being of children and families.
Our programs are dynamic and respond flexibly to community and family needs.
Youth for Change began its work with three residential treatment facilities for 18 severely emotionally disturbed children.
Today our services now include:
- 6th Street Center for Youth
- African American Family & Cultural Center
- Facilitating All Resources Effectively (FARE)
- Foster Care Services
- Group Home Program
- Hospital Alternatives Program (HAP)
- In Home Parenting
- Medical/Psychiatric Support Services
- YFC Outdoors Program
- School Based Counseling
- Strengthening Families
- Strong Starts – Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
- Therapeutic Behavioral Services
- Wraparound Services
The wide array of services we provide demonstrates our commitment to helping families become more resilient. By doing so, it is our intention to increase the health and security of our community’s children.